European Union Blue Card
EUROPEAN UNION BLUE CARD
What is a European Union Blue Card? Who is it for?
European Union Blue Card is nothing more than a permit for foreigners who intend to work in Poland in a profession requiring high qualifications. In order to apply for this permit, a foreigner must graduate from higher education or have at least five years of professional experience at a level comparable to that which he would have obtained as a result of graduation. This type of permission is more and more often chosen by, among others, programmers (application designers, application testers, database developers), as well as employees of other specialized fields.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE EU BLUE CARD?
According to the applicable law, an EU Blue Card may be applied for by a foreigner who:
- has completed university studies or has at least five years of professional experience comparable to what he would have had if he had graduated from university;
- concluded an employment contract / civil law contract for a period of at least one year;
- receives an annual salary of not less than 150% of the average salary in the national economy in the year preceding the conclusion of the contract announced by the Central Statistical Office - in last yeras it was about PLN 7000-8000;
- has health insurance or confirmation that the insurer covers the costs of flying in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
WHAT DO THE FOREIGNERS GAIN THANKS TO THE EU BLUE CARD?-
The EU Blue Card is intended to help filling the staff shortages of the economies of the European Union countries and attract highly qualified employees in specialized fields. The EU Blue Card is addressed to people working, among others, in the IT department (programmers, application architects, data architects).
After obtaining the EU Blue Card, a foreigner may legally stay in Poland and work for a period not longer than 3 years. After this period, the applicant may apply for another permit for the same period. After 2 years of work, a foreigner may change the employer without the need to obtain a new permit, which is a great help.
On the basis of such a permit, the foreigner receives a Residence Card with the annotation "EU Blue Card".
HOW DO WE HELP?
We are aware that obtaining the Blue Card of the European Union involves many formalities for the foreigner as well as the employer. As a Law Firm, we offer comprehensive services and legal assistance in obtaining this permit. Depending on the needs and expectations of employers or foreigners, legal aid may cover:
- legal consultation (advice);
- professional and comprehensive service of the procedure for legalizing the stay and employment of a foreigner, including the preparation of all necessary documentation;
- contact and legal representation before offices;
- obtaining information from the foreman about the inability to meet staffing needs on the local market.
Feel free to contact our Law Firm!